Monday 8 June 2015

11 War Movie Death Scenes That Mess With My PTSD

Death

DeathI’m a old soldier who has deployed a half a dozen times. I’ve sent terrorists off to paradise and held the hands of far too many brothers as they gasped their last breaths.

That shit stays with me… No matter what I’m doing.

For the most part I keep it under control, but man, I have to be careful while watching military movies.

It’s rare, but there are times when my PTSD rears its ugly head and I simply can’t stop bawling my eyes out because of some stupid scene from a flick…

I can’t stand that shit to be honest, but I know I’m not the only one.

Anyways… Here are 11 scenes that will bring tears to the eyes of any Vet who has ever lost a close friend while on deployment…

    1. Sgt Elias – Platoon
    2. Jack Geoghegan – We Were Soldiers
    3. Doc – Hamburger Hill
    4. Shugart & Gordon – Blackhawk Down
    5. Danilov – Enemy At The Gates
    6. Michael Slowens – Tears Of The Sun
    7. Wardaddy – Fury
    8. Matthew Axelsons – Lone Survivor
    9. Private Witt – The Thin Red Line
    10. Lieutenant Rorke – Act Of Valor
    11. Private Stanley Mellish – Saving Private Ryan

Sgt. Elias – Platoon

Man this one really messes me up, this one hits me right in the heart.

After Barnes leaves Elias for dead, the rest of the platoon is retreating with their wounded. They’re under heavy fire and shit just looks bleak. The landing zone is close though and if they can hold out for just a little longer, they’re gonna get their asses out of there. The choppers lands, they load up while holding off those pricks and they get airborne.

It seems like they’ve made it. You can see their faces relax a bit and relief starts to set in. That’s when you hear it… ‘Oh Fuck’. Yep, they’re on Sgt. Elias’ ass. He’s running with everything he’s got, but he’s taking fire. The chopper circles back and picks a few of those fuckers off with gunfire, but it’s too little too late. Elias is going down.

He hits the ground; on his knees and takes another hit. His head leans back and he reaches with both arms to the sky almost as if to ask ‘why…’

Then he collapses… And no one can do shit about it.

A hard man went down; a true Soldier and a Warrior.

The post 11 War Movie Death Scenes That Mess With My PTSD appeared first on YUUUT!.

No comments:

Post a Comment